– Chris stands at approximately 6′ 3″ (1.91 m)
– Is the middle child. His older brother is Luke Hemsworth and his younger brother is Liam Hemsworth.
– His best friend is Sam Perry.
– Chris studied American Dialect at Screenwise Film & TV School for Actors in Sydney Australia.
– Gained 20lbs of muscle for the role of Thor in the movie, Thor.
– When Chris Hemsworth and Anthony Hopkins saw each other in full armors for the first time, Hopkins said “God, there’s no acting required here, is there?”
– Won Logie for Most Popular New Male Talent in May 2005.
– Chris Hemsworth has had prior experience with wielding a hammer in Thor, having worked as a builder in Australia for a few years.
– Chris is best known in Australia for playing Kim Hyde in Australian soap opera Home and Away.
– If he wasn’t an actor he would have become a writer or a director.
– Chris’ childhood nickname is Kip, because when he tried to say his name it came out as ‘Kiptader’.
– Chris lists his secret TV addiction as Degrassi Junior High.
– Kramer from Seinfeld is his favourite television character.
– Some of his favourite music includes Jeff Buckley, Radiohead, David Gray and The Pharcyde.
– Chris has been a very keen surfer since he was a teenager and surfing has now become his favourite past time, as a shoulder injury prevented him from pursuing a football career.
– While pursuing film courses, Chris worked in several casual jobs: as a horticultural labourer, as a waiter, as a barman and also in a surf-wear shop.
– Chris dated his Home and Away co-star Isabel Lucas who played Tasha Andrews.