Chris as: Thor
Cast: Tom Hiddleston, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans
Director: Joss Whedon
Written by: Joss Whedon
Release Date: May 4, 2012
Genre: Action / Adventure / Drama / Fantasy
A plot synopsis for The Avengers is currently not available.
Trivia & Facts
– Edward Norton was originally set to reprise his role from The Incredible Hulk (2008) but negotiations between him and Marvel Studios broke down. Norton was replaced with Mark Ruffalo.
– Jeremy Renner was said to be taking archery lessons for his role as Hawkeye.
– The first Marvel film to be distributed by Walt Disney Pictures.
– Before Mark Ruffalo was cast as The Hulk, Joaquin Phoenix was rumored for the part.
– Morena Baccarin, Jessica Lucas, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Cobie Smulders screen tested for the role of Agent Maria Hill. Smulders was eventually cast.
– Chris Hemsworth had to increase and expand his dietary/food intake in order to maintain the physique he built up for Thor (2011).
– Tom Hiddleston describes Loki in this film as having evolved since Thor (2011): “How pleasant an experience is it to disappear into a wormhole that was created by some super-nuclear explosion of his own making? I think by the time Loki shows up he’s seen a few things and has bigger things in mind than just his brother and Asgard…”
– Loki is the mastermind who brought the Kree-Skrull war to Earth, thus requiring the Avengers’ formation. This is in keeping with the comics, where he was (indirectly) responsible for manipulating a chain of disasters which brought together the Avengers in the first place.
Nick Fury: “There came a day unlike any other when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united… Avengers, assemble!”